The content below is for guidance only. Amazon reserves the right to remove any listing it considers to be inappropriate for sale for any reason.
Examples of Permitted Listings
Reminder: all listings and products must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Only packaged and unused beauty products, such as cosmetics and skin or hair care products, which are safe for human use, appropriately manufactured, described and labelled, and not otherwise restricted or prohibited by the applicable legislation, may be listed on Amazon.
Examples of Prohibited Listings
- Opened or used cosmetics, skin products or hair care products
- Products that have passed their expiration or "use by" dates
- Products that are not sealed in original manufacturer's packaging
- Products that are adulterated or misbranded
- Products that have had their packaging altered in such a way that removes or obscures any identifying codes placed on the packaging by the manufacturer or distributor, such as matrix codes, lot numbers or serial numbers
- Products labeled as "tester," including perfume testers, or "not intended for resale"
- Counterfeit cosmetics
- Decanted perfumes and fragrances
- Smell-alike perfumes. A smell-alike perfume is a perfume that imitates or tries to reproduce the scent of a branded perfume (“original fragrance”). Among other things, It is forbidden to:
- use the name and brand of an original fragrance in the product description of a perfume that is not that original fragrance;
- describe the perfume as “similar to” or “inspired by” an original fragrance;
- give a name to the perfume that sounds similar to that of an original fragrance;
- mention the original fragrance in the Q&A section, URL, or in answers to customer comments;
- offer guidance or contact customers for them to learn about the correlation between the perfume and an original fragrance;
- upload images that contain correlation information, for example images of tables where a customer can look up which original fragrance the perfume corresponds to;
- maintain such correlation tables on external websites and refer customers to those websites on Amazon.
- Products where their use is restricted to professionals under EU Regulation 1223/2009 on Cosmetic Products, that require a prescription or that should only be purchased from a registered pharmacist; this includes products which fall under this restriction if their regulated ingredients exceed a maximum limit (for example, teeth whitening products containing or releasing more than 0.1% hydrogen peroxide)
- Products that contain any of the prohibited ingredients listed in the EU Regulation 1223/2009 on Cosmetic Products, or that exceed the maximum limits stated therein, or which use is restricted to professionals, like
- cosmetics containing hydroquinone
- cosmetics containing vitamin K1 (Phytonadione), or
- teeth whitening products which contain or release more than 1% of hydrogen peroxide
- Products containing colorants, preservatives and UV filters other than those allowed under EU Regulation 1223/2009
- Products whose claims do not comply with EU Regulation 1223/2009 and other applicable regulations, such as EU Regulation 655/2013, that convey misleading product characteristics or functions to consumers
- Products that have been tested on animals or that contain ingredients that have been tested on animals
- Listings claiming that a product is intended to be used for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in humans or animals
- Products that contain or claim to contain snake oil
- Henna products which are applied to the skin, unless entirely natural
- Cosmetics that contain ingredients derived from endangered species, such as sharks, whales, dolphins or porpoises
- Eyelash and eyebrow conditioners containing Bimatoprost
- Sunscreen with UV filters other than those allowed in EU Regulation 1223/2009
- Skin creams containing mercury
Eye makeup containing Kohl, Kajal, Al-Kahl or Surma
- Rinse-off cosmetic products that contain plastic microbeads
- Products and ingredients that governmental agencies have determined present an unreasonable risk of injury or illness, or are otherwise unsafe
- Toothpaste for children containing more than 0,15% of fluoride
Please note: Sellers who list prohibited items or content can have their selling permissions removed, either temporarily or permanently.
Related Amazon Help Pages
Additional Useful Information